[Dovecot] Client transaction logging in dovecot.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 5 14:54:01 UTC 2007

On 4.1.2007, at 18.57, Tan Shao Yi wrote:

> Would it be possible to request for it? Occasionally we do have
> users who complain about e-mail loss when they have actually
> downloaded them or initiated the deletions. Having such logging in
> place will ease tracking of what actually happened.
>
> Or do your good self or anyone in the list have a good way of
> making such information available? Logging the whole transaction
> (including the bodies transferred) will really be too much logging. :(

It'll be in the next version, but it still logs the messages saved by
the client. You could write your own rawlogger as well which parses
the IMAP traffic and logs only the wanted lines. I thought about
implementing something similar to this, but it gets a bit too complex.

Another way would be to write a plugin which catches all deletions
and logs them.