[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA failure in RC16

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 5 19:51:25 UTC 2007

On 5.1.2007, at 21.09, Steven F Siirila wrote:

>> It should log the actual error message into Dovecot's log file. If
>> not, you haven't given enough permissions to write to the logs
>> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA -> Logging).
>
> Is there a reason that deliver doesn't log through the master process?

Oh, and as for this. Normally all Dovecot processes are started via
the master process, but deliver is started independently. Maybe in
future I'll make deliver binary be some kind of a simple proxy and
have the actual delivery done by a process started by master process
(maybe write a LMTP server and have deliver be a LMTP client?).