[Dovecot] Disable TLS on port 143?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Jan 9 20:36:38 UTC 2007

Jackie Hunt wrote:
> Our users run a wide variety of clients, so it'd be difficult to
> confirm that we wouldn't affect someone with the TLS capability,
> even with a trusted authority.

For reference purposes, in most mail clients there is a single "Trust
this certificate forever" dialog that has to be responded to, even with
a self-signed certificate.  After you instruct the client to trust that
certificate (regardless of the chain), the dialog never reappears.  You
may be worrying for no reason (or you may have particularly timid users,
for which you have my sympathy).

John

--
John Peacock