[Dovecot] help a journalist: What do you wish the CIO understood about fighting spam?

Esther Schindler esther at bitranch.com
Tue Jan 9 22:39:21 UTC 2007

Hi, Juha!

I'm posting a similar message on forums for those apps, too. But my
main intent is to get in touch with people who lie awake at night
dealing with e-mail issues. Yes, it's off topic, but nobody has a
"gosh I wish I could talk about general e-mail admin issues" list --
at least, I haven't found one yet.

As far as your assumption that CIOs are always aware of the
difficulty... you may not have met as many of them as I have. <grin>
While most do know that it's a big hairy deal, they may not realize
just how much of an admin's time is spent dealing with the problem,
or they may not be aware just how many end-users are naive enough to
sign up for web sites that promise "you might win gizmo" and then
proceed to send out a bunch of junk mail.

Esther