[Dovecot] Virtual Users and Local Users Authentication

craig carriere cjcarriere at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 20:08:29 UTC 2007

I am using dovecot on a SLES 10 mail server using postfix as the MTA.  The original setup used local users and a single domain.  I have now configured postfix to send mail to a second virtual domain which is working fine.  I am trying to get dovecot to pick up the mail and have been having authentication problems.  My local users uses pam and /etc/passwd for login with SSL.  I have created a passwd file for the virtual users and have set dovecot to look at the passwd-like file with the path specified.  However dovecot complains about the file not being present, which it is and my local users can not login.

Probably doing something simple incorrectly, but can not find what fron online searches.

Thanks