[Dovecot] All index file bugs fixed(?)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 17 19:33:53 UTC 2007

I fixed the nightly snapshot building. Now it's again being built every
night (if there have been any changes). Please test it before I'll make
rc18 release. http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-latest.tar.gz

I've also been stress testing a lot with
http://dovecot.org/tools/imaptest.c. Last night I ran it for 9 hours
with mmap_disable=yes and it picked up only one race condition, which is
also now fixed. I'll run the next night with mmap_disable=no and see if
anything shows up with it.

I'm hopeful that there aren't any important index file related bugs left
anymore. This is actually the first time in Dovecot's existence that I'm
really not aware of *any* bugs in index file handling.

v1.0 release should be really near now, unless you figure out new
problems :)

Here's a list of bugs that should have been fixed since rc17:

"Corrupted index file dovecot.index: Record field keywords points outside record size (12 < 12+2)"
"Corrupted Index file dovecot.index: Record [1].uid=0"
Crashes
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007395.html

"open() failed with file dovecot.index.log: No such file or directory"
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007405.html

"Fixed index file dovecot.index: seen_messages_count 8 -> 9"
"View synchronization from transaction log failed: Deleted counter
wrong"
etc.
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007403.html

Corrupted transaction log errors:
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007389.html
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007393.html

Corrupted view errors:
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007366.html
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007368.html

Corrupted cache file errors:
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007364.html

Fixed a lot of crashes whenever something went wrong (I deleted index
files every 3 seconds until it crashed, last run went for several
minutes before I stopped trying):
 - http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2007-January/007397.html