[Dovecot] How change the order POP checks mail.

Andreas Andersson andreasa82 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 11:17:56 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have a problem with the POP when I want to use mbox and Maildirs.

The old users are now using uw-imap, but in the future should theres
old e-mail be in mbox format and the new e-mails in maildirs.

I'am using this code and its worked fine in Squirrelmail and IMAP.

namespace private {
  separator = /
 inbox = yes
  hidden = no
  prefix = "mbox/"
  location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
 }

namespace private {
  separator = /
  prefix =
  location = maildir:~/Maildir
}

but not with POP, I can't find any mail.

When I only searching for mbox mail, it worked great.

I think thats the problem are the pop who first searching for Maildirs
and then mailboxes.

So how could I get the Dovecot POP server to first check the mailboxes
and then the maildirs?

Or how should I go around this problem?

Thanks!

Andreas Andersson