[Dovecot] All index file bugs fixed(?)

Rainer Ophoven rainer at route66.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 19 23:25:09 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 23:55 +0100, Rainer Ophoven wrote:
>> Error: IMAP(rainer): Fixed index file
>> /home/rainer/Maildir/.INBOX.amavisd/dovecot.index:
>> first_recent_uid_lowwater 199 -> 198
>
> Wonder how this problem could be reproduced.. How often does it happen
> to you? Does the error happen when you're doing something actively for
> the mailbox, or only when you're away idling? What happens to the
> INBOX.amavisd mailbox in general? How do the mails get there (Dovecot
> deliver, IMAP copy, something else)? Do you delete mails from it?
>
> Have you tried if mmap_disable=yes removes this problem?

It happens every 2nd day or so , sometimes two or three times a day,
then it won't happen for a few days at all.

Tonight it happened, after restarting my windows-box from hibernation,
but I closed Thunderbird explicitely before XP went into hibernation.

the messages get to INBOX.amavisd and INBOX.dovecot by rules that I set
up in Thunderbird depending on "subject" and "from". It's meant as a
means to sort messages on arrival (more or less). the mails are
originally delivered to INBOX by postfix - not using dovecot-deliver.

I sure delete mails from these mailboxes, maybe sometimes while
Thunderbird ist still in the process of refreshing and moving mails from
INBOX to the two sub-mailboxes.

I have three

--
in diesem Sinne,