[Dovecot] Logging

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 22 10:49:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 09:40 +0200, Ioannis Zachariadis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The user.* logs are from deliver, for example:
> Jan  6 15:27:52 hostname deliver(username): [ID 868608 user.info] auth
> input: gid=126
> Timo, is there any way to redirect them to mail.* or replace user.info
> string to mail.info ?

Have you uncommented syslog_facility in dovecot.conf? If not, I don't
see why it would log to user, since by default it logs to mail also.

If you've uncommented it .. well, looks like there's a bug that assumes
that the setting is in numeric form rather than eg. "mail", which I
think would then cause it to log to wherever.