[Dovecot] dovecot-acl file location in rc18

Radek Zavicak zavicak at gsl.cz
Tue Jan 23 11:26:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use ACL with dovecot rc18 but I don't understand where to
store per-mailbox dovecot-acl file.

In dovecot.conf I have

mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%u/

and I do not use namespaces.

I have some "testuser" maildir with subdir ".test". When I put
dovecot-acl file to the .test directory I get this error in my log file:

Error: IMAP(testuser): /var/vmail/testuser/.test/dovecot-acl is no
longer kept in control directory, move it to the actual maildir
(/var/vmail/testuser/.test)
Error: child 28143 (imap) returned error 89

This error tells me to move dovecot-acl file from control dir to mail
directory but these are the same for me (and I think it's Dovecot
default for maildir). Where I should store per-mailbox dovecot-acl file
in this case?

Regards,

Radek Zavicak