[Dovecot] Best small server config

Fri Jan 26 22:13:31 UTC 2007

FiL @ Kpoxa wrote:
> What about the known practice of not using any RC-s on a production
> servers ?

You're kidding, right? What do you think '0.99.x' was, a stable/release
version?

> I had problems migrating from 0.99 to 1.0rc8 and still not sure it was
> worth it.

Well - did you post your problems here? Did you carefully go over the
release notes? There definitely were a lot of changes, so if you didn't
go over the upgrade notes carefully, it's not surprising that you had
problems...

> I will definitely upgrade after 1.0 release, but am sure there will be
> so many differences, that it will be another pain in the neck....

Nah - I'm sure Timo won't let any more large changes into the current rc
version (19) before it goes gold.

Strongly suggest you upgrade... but be sure and read the upgrade notes
first, as always...

--

Best regards,

Charles