[Dovecot] repeat downloads of message headers in 1.0rc19

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Jan 29 18:05:52 UTC 2007

I upgraded one server to 1.0rc19 (from rc15) over the weekend, and have
since received several reports of dovecot erroneously retrieving older
messages as new mail.  I've seen this myself intermittently on KMail, and
users have reported it on Thunderbird, Squirrelmail, and Outlook.

I see some things in the archives that suggest that this was a problem in
older 1.0 release candidates, but hadn't experienced the problem myself
until just now.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Regards,

  - Brian