[Dovecot] How to prevent SQL injection

Joseba Torre joseba.torre at ehu.es
Tue Jan 30 09:33:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

just cleaning the config file, and I found:

# List of allowed characters in username. If the user-given username contains
# a character not listed in here, the login automatically fails. This is just
# an extra check to make sure user can't exploit any potential quote escaping
# vulnerabilities with SQL/LDAP databases. If you want to allow all
characters,
# set this value to empty.
#auth_username_chars =
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ01234567890.-_@