[Dovecot] unknown namespace with Mac OS client

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Wed Jan 31 04:08:14 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen writes:

> [...]

Enabling the second name space make the mail.app work, but caused all kind
of strange problems.. with Squirrelmail and Horde. In particular directories
were listed twice.

Don't know why it didn't seem to affect mail clients, but customers were
calling to complain about on webmail (squirrelmail) and our new Horde setup.

For now we simply will keep mail.app customers in Courier.

This was on a RC15. Will try again on another server with  RC19 and see if
mail.app works with just one singlespace.

What we kept...
#courier-imap compatibility/Thunderbird
namespace private {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}

What solved the mail.app, but broke webmail.. and we commented out today.
# For MAC OS Mail.app
##namespace private {
 ##   separator = /
  ##  prefix = INBOX/