[Dovecot] IMAP on move message command launch

Aaron Solochek aarons-dovecot at aberrant.org
Wed Jan 31 14:40:45 UTC 2007

Jan Srzednicki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible with dovecot IMAP server to do the following thing:
>
> After the clients moves a message from any folder to the given one, I
> want to launch a command and feed that message into it, as well as
> physically move the message to this folder.
>
> Is that possible?

This would be a very useful feature for dovecot.  It would make training
server-side spam solutions very easy.  Currently I use dspam and require
a cron job to periodically scan different folders for false positives
and false negatives.  With this functionality I could get rid of the
script and have the training done on-demand.

-Aaron