[Dovecot] Outlook 2003 - Disappearing favorite folders

Phillip T. George Phillip at StellarDreams.com
Fri Jun 15 17:51:13 EEST 2007

Mark Richards wrote:
> Phillip T. George wrote:
>> Correct.  If I choose not to save the password, close Outlook, and
>> open it back up ... I can see the favorite folders links for the IMAP
>> subfolders.  After I put my password in, they disappear.
>
> Did you try the "subscription" process to the folder?  Just a guess.
> I would agree that favorites aren't stored on the server but they do
> depend upon the server being present.  One would think these would not
> be present until you login rather than the other way around.
>
> Frankly Outlook and IMAP sucks.  I switched to Thunderbird (giving up
> a decent address book, calendar and palm sync) because as an email
> client Outlook was useless.
>
> /mark

What exactly do you mean by the "subscription" process?  The folder was
already manually subscribed to using Outlook.  The subscription shows up
every time.  I think it does disappear and then reappear though...

Yeah.  I'd be a member of the choir that you're preaching to.  I've used
Thunderbird for quite some time myself (3 years perhaps?), however, my
company provides hosting services, so saying no to Outlook isn't exactly
an option.

-Phillip