[Dovecot] mbox bug in 1.0.0

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jun 28 00:11:35 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 09:04 -0500, bhayden at umn.edu wrote:
> >Do you have a core file from that crash? It would show a bit more
> >information. If not, see http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html
>
> I finally got around to generating one. It's 3MB, and was generated from
> 1.0.0. Would you like a copy, or do you want me to check on some state
> myself and send you results?

What OS do you use? I also need the imap binary which produced the core
file, but I'm not sure if gdb can debug other OSes binaries. So I can
debug at least Solaris/Sparc and Linux/x86/x86-64 but probably not
anything else.

Otherwise we could begin with:

bt full
p mails[idx]
p *mail_ctx
p *sync_ctx

It would have been nice also to have mbox-sync-rewrite.c compiled
without -O2, otherwise gdb optimizes some information away.