[Dovecot] Thunderbird : open() failed with index file /home/XYZ/mail/.imap/Trash/dovecot.index: Not a directory

Charles Bueche charles at bueche.ch
Thu Mar 1 10:15:01 EET 2007

Hi,

almost everything is in the subject.

Server : Solaris 9 /SPARC, Dovecot 1.0.rc22

Client :
   Mac OS X 10.4.8 (8L2127)
   Kernel-Version:	Darwin 8.8.1
   Thunderbird is: german Version 1.5.0.9 (20061207)

With OS X Mail.app, message deletion works. With Thunderbird, a
warning popup appear on the desktop. English translation is about
"command failed, internal error occurred". The server log shows :

> Mar  1 10:50:35 ZZZ dovecot: [ID 107833 mail.error] IMAP(XYZ): open
> () failed with index file /home/XYZ/mail/.imap/Trash/dovecot.index:
> Not a directory

After checking, I see "Trash plugin was more or less broken with
multiple namespaces and with multiple trash mailboxes" in rc24
release notes. Would an update to rc24 fix my user's issue ?

Hints welcome,
Charles

--
Charles Bueche <charles at bueche.ch>