[Dovecot] Still issues with new message count...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 1 12:07:44 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 01:09 -0500, Brian Taber wrote:

> I am still having issues with new message count.  When I move a
> message to
> another folder, it counts that message as new until you go into that
> folder.  Is there a way I can solve this?  Could it have something to
> do
> with NFS?  I have tried all the NF workarounds with no luck...  I have
> also tried NFSv3 and NFSv4, no difference.  I store the indexes on the
> local drive...

By "new" do you mean "unseen" or "recent" counter? What client do you
use? I guess most clients use only the unseen counter.

You could enable rawlog (http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html) and see what
exactly is the command/reply that gives the wrong message count.

Are your NFS server's and clients' clocks synchronized? Do you run
Dovecot in more than one server?