[Dovecot] quota - dict permission denied

Abu Gid abugid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:29:24 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 1.3.2007, at 12.26, Abu Gid wrote:
>
> > I'm using the mbox format. If I am to use the dirsize method ,how
> > do I enforce different quota for different users. Apart from the
> > doc, I cannot find any example of configurations for dirsize. Btw
> > thanks for the fast response.
>
> OK, dirsize should be pretty good with mboxes as long as the user
> doesn't have hundreds of them.
>
> You'll have to make your userdb return "quota=dirsize:storage=123456"
> setting for different users. What userdb do you use? http://
> wiki.dovecot.org/Quota shows some examples for SQL/LDAP.
>

> The problem is I don't use any userdb, only use the passdb_pam. So, do I
have to use userdb to authenticate users? or can I just use any userdb for
the quota part only. If that is so how can I set up the db config? search
the wiki.dovecot.org/Quota but could not find any config that suit my
current config ,that's why I plan to use the dict server. Thanks again.

-- azhar --