[Dovecot] 1.0.rc25 released

Justin McAleer justin at fehuq.com
Thu Mar 1 13:26:58 EET 2007

Luigi Rosa wrote:
> Timo Sirainen said the following on 1/3/2007 14:03:
>
>> And what should the wiki exported to doc/
>> directory in the tarball look like?
>
> I think that the tarball should contain a "link" to wiki documentation.
>
> This would avoid the obsolescence of the data and limit the updates to
> one single place.

On the other hand, sometimes having some readme files on the server
you're working on is preferable to having to look for things on the web
(you can do more than manual copy and paste). Plus, if a snapshot of the
wiki is included with the distribution, you lessen the chance of having
documentation that doesn't apply to the version a particular server is
running; obsolescence of the data isn't necessarily bad, if it matches
the obsolescence of the software.