[Dovecot] 1.0.rc25 released

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 14:04:42 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.rc25.tar.gz
> http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.rc25.tar.gz.sig
>
> Instead of having "Should v1.0 be released already" discussion, how
> about having "What's still missing from wiki.dovecot.org and how could
> it be improved" discussion? And what should the wiki exported to doc/
> directory in the tarball look like?
>
> 	* If time moves backwards, Dovecot kills itself instead of giving
> 	  random problems.
>
> 	+ Added --with-headers configure option to install .h files.
> 	  Binary package builders could use this to create some dovecot-dev
> 	  package to make compiling plugins easier.

Could you rename this to --enable-header-install
or something like that before you call it 1.0?

autoconf convention is (and I see no reason why Dovecot would need to
deviate, it's probably your being unaware of this convention):

--with-foo    	use package foo in the build (say, SSL)

--enable-bar	enable feature bar in the build (say, headers,
		special-use features, compile-time options).

Thank you.

Matthias