[Dovecot] 1.0.rc25 released

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 14:23:13 EET 2007

Luca Corti schrieb:
> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 15:06 +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
>> Except that most sysadmins won't have a PDF reader installed on their IMAP
>> server...?  I'd prefer textual, man, or html format over pdf.
>
> pdf2txt? HTML would be great. Both HTML and PDF could be generated by an
> intermediate format like docbook by the way.

Except that the situation for docbook-to-PDF conversion isn't very bright.

I know of only one affordable tool that allows production-quality PDFs
from docbook, which is commercial, albeit with a
free-to-use-for-open-source and a free-for-personal-use license, namely
RenderX.com's XEP, with the only string includes-a-comment attached.

DSSSL style sheets and surrounding tool-chain are underpowered IMO and
the XSL stuff generates FO (Formatting Objects), for which there is no
decent FrOSS converter. FOP and PassiveTeX are outdated and don't even
handle minimal FO compliance, xmlroff is far from being usable and
that's about as much as I'm aware of.

If anyone has any corrections to make, I'll be *very happy* to be wrong
and corrected by somebody else here.

Best regards
Matthias Andree