[Dovecot] 1.0.rc25 released

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 08:37:46 EET 2007

Curtis Maloney schrieb:
> Johannes Berg wrote:
>> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 16:22 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>
>>> I think the documentation should be in plaintext.
>>
>> Agreed.
>>

> Glad to see I'm not the only person here who likes to be able to read
> the docs with "more".
>
> I'm not averse to the idea of one of the "structured text" variants, but
> mostly because the good ones are designed to look like plain text
> documentation.

Basically, considerable parts of the documentation use MoinMoin markup,
so they're sort of readable with more cat and less dog, - euh: more,
cat, dog, or less - but it depends on how well the parties changing the
respective documents have kept in mind someone might want to read raw
format rather than HTML that MoinMoin formatted.

And so I suggested to feed the stuff through MoinMoin for HTML export
and then using one of the numerous HTML-to-plain-text converters -- this
will normalize plain text formatting.

Matthias