[Dovecot] 1.0rc25: double INBOX folder (weird)

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Fri Mar 2 23:40:47 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Hmm. To me this sounds like a bug in Thunderbird. It should have shown
> Miami under the INBOX.

I agree -- TB 1.5 probably just has a (another) bug that this exposed.

> I don't think it's a bug really, because creating such mailbox is
> perfectly valid.

Ahh. I didn't think it was, but I guess why not. :) It's just not very
logical, but technically valid.

> Pre-rc25 was buggy in handling that INBOX.INBOX.box case, but as far as
> I know now it works as IMAP protocol requires it to work:

This makes sense then why it magically appeared - rc25 started doing the
right thing, but Thunderbird is still broken in the display of it.

Thanks for looking at it,
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer