[Dovecot] Driving quota out of a database.

David Craigon david.craigon at griffin.com
Mon Mar 5 11:52:08 EET 2007

Hi there,
    I'm using postgres as a userdb for dovecot. I'm am trying to get the
quota plugin to work.

I have a column in my table that returns the quota in KB. I am using the
postgres expression "('maildir:storage=' ||
mailstore_control.mailbox.quota) AS quota" as recommended in the
manuals. This expression is  NULL to start with, which I take to mean
unlimited quota.

Trouble is, if I change it to a value, and then change it back to null,
I don't seem to go back to unlimited quota.

I'm using maildir++ quotas.

What gives? :-)

David

Griffin Information Systems Ltd
20 St Christopher's Way,
Pride Park,
Derby
DE24 8JY
www.griffin.com <http://www.griffin.com/>

Registered in England and Wales. Company Registration Number: 3676297.