[Dovecot] 1.0rc25: double INBOX folder (weird)

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue Mar 6 19:13:12 EET 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 09:13 -0800, Troy Engel wrote:
>> subscriptions:
>>
>>    INBOX
>
> You mean removing the "INBOX" from subscriptions fixed it? There wasn't
> "INBOX.INBOX"? Having INBOX in subscriptions file should be perfectly
> valid, and I don't see bugs related to it.. It'd be more helpful if you

You are correct, there was an INBOX listed in the subscriptions file,
but no physical folder of any sort on disk; this showed up visually as
INBOX.INBOX to ThunderBird. By removing the entry from subscriptions
(and the associated client cache file) it of course was fixed; really no
different than any other folder repairs.

> Removing non-existing mailboxes from subscriptions anyway is an IMAP
> protocol violation.

Aha, OK wasn't aware. Something still changed between rc24 and rc25 in
that showing this (misguided, inappropriate) INBOX now pops up. I'll
just have to chock it up to Courier-IMAP having done the wrong thing,
and Dovecot rc25 now doing the right thing. As you mentioned rc24 and
below had issues, so maybe it should have been showing me this all along! :)

thx,
-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer