[Dovecot] Question about auth-master, deliver, and SQL maps

Richard Coleman rcoleman at criticalmagic.com
Wed Mar 7 04:50:16 EET 2007

I have been running Postfix/Dovecot with a Postgresql backend for
several months, and everything has been running great.

Now I want to add server side filtering, so I'm attempting to configure
deliver.

The SQL maps for Postfix are all keyed upon the recipient email address.
The SQL map (user_query) for Dovecot is keyed upon the IMAP login name,
which is potentially unrelated to the email address.

But when I configure deliver to use auth-master, it doesn't work right,
because it is passing the recipient email address as a key to
user_query, which is wrong.  Somehow, I need auth-master to use a
different SQL query from user_query when doing lookups for deliver.  In
essence, I want deliver to use the same SQL queries where were
previously used for the Postfix "virtual" delivery agent.

Is there any way to do this?

Richard Coleman
rcoleman at criticalmagic.com