[Dovecot] dovecot-ldap.conf - Active directory

Cristian Salan cristian.salan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:39:11 EET 2007

Hello,

I have a configuration with dovecot-ldap working with openldap (on
FreebSD 5.4 Release).
Now I'm trying to do the same thing with an Active Directory (win2k3).
I have installed an properly configured SFU. Via nss_ldap-pam_ldap is
working fine (FreeBSD 6.2 Release).
Because nss_ldap is reported broken with dovecot I'm trying to use
dovecot-ldap for both passdb and userdb.

My guessed filters/attributes follows:

user_filter = (&(objectClass=user)(msSFU30Name=%u))
user_attrs = homeDirectory=msSFU30HomeDirectory,
uidNumber=msSFU30UidNumber, gidNumber=msSFU30GidNumber
pass_attrs = msSFU30Name,msSFU30Password
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=user)(msSFU30Name=%u))

But it doesn't work. Any advice?

Cristian Salan