[Dovecot] Config questionsabout various login parms

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Wed Mar 7 19:33:35 EET 2007

On 7 Mar 2007, at 17:23, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I don't remember anymore what that problem was about. Dovecot itself
> doesn't use stdio, so it was some library doing it internally. Was it
> passwd lookup doing that? In that case blocking=yes would help
> nowadays.

It was this thread that I'm thinking of:
     http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-January/018398.html

I think the eventual conclusion was that it was PAM -> crypt() ->
some sort of hardware crypting device.

My main fear is that I get LDAP working fine without SSL, then turn
it on and find I'm stuffed by only having a maximum of 256 SSL
connections at a time.  (If anyone can reassure me this won't be the
case?  I'm running under Solaris 10 -- on a SPARC box at present.)

Cheers,
Mike B-)

[Aside: I'm a Happy Bunny this afternoon -- I've got Dovecot working
against our LDAP server now ... after applying a liberal dose of
Local LDAP Guru to learn how to use it within our security setup.
I'm planning to write a "How I Did It Without Losing Too Much Hair"
article for the list in due course in case it helps any other newbies.]

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *