[Dovecot] Convert plugin mbox to maildir has no effect

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Mar 9 15:58:59 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 14:54 +0100, Sylvain Nemtua wrote:
> convert_mail: mbox:/var/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

This is most likely wrong. You're telling Dovecot that the user's
non-INBOX mailboxes are in /var/mail. If you have only inboxes, set
rather something like mbox:/some/empty/dir:INBOX=/var/mail/%
u:INDEX=MEMORY

Hmm. Since this seems to be so common problem, maybe I should make
"mbox::INBOX=/var/mail/%u" work too..

> Any thoughts ? Is there a particular settings to use ? Anything wrong
> with my setup ?

The real problem is that you didn't tell Dovecot to load the convert
plugin:

mail_plugins = convert