[Dovecot] Dovecot Stable Version

Kenny Dail kend at amigo.net
Fri Mar 9 17:53:07 EET 2007

> Dovecot is now in release candidate. When will release stable? Is it
> safe to use in production? I mean now the Dovecot is stable enough to
> use in production?
The answer to this is the same as the answer to whether any software is
safe to use in production, regardless if it is commercial or open-source.
Software is NEVER safe to use in production until you built it out and
tested it for your environment and understand what it does and doesn't
do. There is no way to answer stability questions without knowing the
exact environment it will be used in.
With that said, I do use Dovecot in production since rc15.
--
Kenny Dail <kend at amigo.net>