[Dovecot] dovecot and pine tab-completion

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Sat Mar 10 23:06:17 EET 2007

On Saturday, March 10 at 10:29 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> You could change the separator to '/' with namespaces, but Dovecot
> doesn't treat "INBOX/foo/" as a valid mailbox name either. So you
> can't get this changed from Dovecot's side without modifying the
> sources. Or a plugin might work too.

Hmm, okay. Can you point me to the right region of code for stripping
separators off the end of those strings in Dovecot? I'm guessing that
it would just need to be done for SELECT commands, right?

> I think this would be better fixed in Pine, so that if tab+enter is
> done it removes the separator.

I heartily agree. Unfortunately, the Pine folks are somewhat... well,
let's just say they have their hands full with Alpine.

~Kyle
--
Man has the right to act in conscience and in freedom so as personally
to make moral decisions. "He must not be forced to act contrary to his