[Dovecot] Problems fetching mail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 13 03:36:27 EET 2007

On 13.3.2007, at 3.25, Curt LeCaptain wrote:

> According to your other e-mail, you asked me to also remove the
> from the ~/mail/.imap directory, I did so and this time the out of
> sequence error didn't happen, but the same error in Thunderbird did
> (Error in IMAP command UID: Invalid UID messageset."

After deleting the .imap/ directory, remove all X-UID headers from
the mbox file. I'm guessing it contains some very high UID numbers
and Thunderbird doesn't understand them and sends negative numbers
instead (this is actually a TB bug).

If that didn't help, show me the command Thunderbird sends. Use eg.
Wireshark or rawlog (see http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html).

> I see a suggestion about the SMTP server and header filtering.  I'm
> not
> sure I want to do this right now, but could Postfix be causing some of
> these issues?  Might be a bit far fetched, but I'm just looking for
> any
> ideas.

Originally it could have been caused by invalid X-UID headers, but
not anymore.