[Dovecot] Timed Out or Disconnect Errors on emails with attachments

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Mar 13 17:47:31 EET 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:08 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:35 +1100, Tudor Holton wrote:
> > I've migrated our Maildir system from Courier-IMAP-SSL to Dovecot with
> > SSL and now we're getting "Connection to <server> Timed Out" errors when
> > sending mail with attachments.  The mail gets sent, however it doesn't
> > save the mail in the user's "Sent" folder.
>
> What OS is Dovecot running in? What Dovecot version? What configure
> options? There have been bugs related to this, but I thought they were
> all fixed.

I just updated my imaptest stress tool to support SSL and ran it for a
while, but I couldn't get it to hang any connections.

You could try applying this patch:
http://dovecot.org/patches/debug/imap-append-hang-debug.diff and then
enable rawlog (http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html) and see from the
rawlogs where exactly it hangs.