[Dovecot] Issue with pop3 & phpList

Chris Harner chris.harner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:17:31 EET 2007

Hello, all.  Dovecot really sparked my interest when I noticed it focused on
security.  It seems to be a great product thus far.  Anyway...

I'm new to the mail world (pop3/smtp), and I have a project in which I use a
mass mailer known as phpList.  If you aren't familiar with it, it has the
ability to view and process bounces.  Bounces are basically emails that
don't quite make it (for the most part).  In order for this to work, I must
create a pop3 account.  I installed Dovecot and now the port is open, which
means the service is running.  Here is where it gets confusing...

When I goto process the bounces, it times out because of the fact that there
were too many login attempts.  Does dovecot have a default
username/password?  How do I set up a username and password?

Is there a special way to just have the pop3 portion of Dovecot load?  I
went through the config file and took out some of the #'s like the docs
said.  Thanks!

Server: OpenSUSE 10.1

--
Chris Harner  []  Server Engineer  []  Arnold Transportation Services