[Dovecot] Courier keywords - anyone even tried?

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed Mar 14 20:47:23 EET 2007

I do realize from the Wiki that the formats are incompatible, and am
looking at the Courier spec
(http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/?README.imapkeywords.html) and the
Dovecot spec (http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir) trying to
see if there's any sane way I could try and write a shellscript.

The pain here is the Courier spec, I think I lost a few brain cells
trying to understand this convoluted methodology ("When encountering
".N.file" after another ".N.file" was encountered earlier, remove the
file with the lesser N, unless the larger of the two Ns is greater than
or equals to T." e.g.)

Has anyone even started down this path and has some prototype code
written that they gave up on? Is this just so painful trying to migrate
that I should just give up?

Any ideas welcome...
-te

--