[Dovecot] Problems with seen flag on OS X mail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Mar 15 12:52:54 EET 2007

On 15.3.2007, at 8.43, Nicolas Cianca wrote:

> I'm having a problem with dovecot and apple mail not always
> remembering the seen flag. Some cases when mail is read it stays
> that way but other times it reverts back to unread on the next
> connection.  I've tried to rebuild the Apple Mail mailbox but that
> doesn't do it.  The mail is stored in Maildir format in the users
> home directory.  All the connections Apple Mail are done via IMAP.

Check with rawlog what happens when you're changing the message
flags? Does it send the STORE +flags \Seen commands immediately?
http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

I'm not sure if I've had problems with seen flags. My other client is
Evolution, and it doesn't notice flag changes made by other clients
anyway, so I have to keep setting them there anyway..