[Dovecot] running DC and UWIMAP on the same box

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Thu Mar 15 20:45:00 EET 2007

It never hurts to ask......
I am bringing up DC on my production mailserver (which runs UWIMAP for
production IMAP service) to learn and test it, much as I did when I
introduced SSL protected IMAP, using an unpublicized  non-standard
port.  The folder and mailbox location and format will remain the same.
Questions:
1) Will DC be building indices for everything or just for the userid
that I use to request client service for?
2) Are there any pitfalls others have experience doing this?

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources