[Dovecot] wiki -> txt

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Mar 16 10:51:26 EET 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 06:48 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Well, rewriting the line handling rules fixed it. If someone wants to
> look at the new version, it's at http://dovecot.org/tmp/text_plain.py

Neat :)

> I think the output is pretty good now. You can get the whole wiki
> as .txt from http://dovecot.org/tmp/wiki-export.tar.gz
>
> Comments? Do you find any bugs? There used to be for example missing
> spaces, but those should be fixed now.

I'll look a bit more when I'm back from vacation.

> Each file begins with page name and a fixed number of '=' characters.
> Looks like that can't be changed with text_plain.py. I'll anyway change
> that to something better later.

IIRC that's part of the plain exporter script I sent you, you might want
to check there.

> The example configs currently link to web wiki pages. Should those be
> changed to doc/wiki/PageName.txt? Probably not, because the web pages
> might have newer information.

I think we talked about that a while ago, having it point to the wiki
snapshot would guarantee that the documentation applies to that exact
version when changes are made. And you can still find the wiki page
easily.

johannes