[Dovecot] deliver to subfolder with dovecot's LDA

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Sat Mar 17 15:33:42 EET 2007

Op vr, 16-03-2007 te 22:41 -0400, schreef Bill Boebel:
> So for the example above, you can call it like this:
>  deliver -d joe at abc.com -m spam
> To do this from Postfix, /etc/postfix/master.cf:
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -        -      pipe
>  flags=DRhu user=virtual argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient} -f ${sender} -m ${extension}

I have this setup like that, although without the -f and -m options.
Anyway, it seems that postfix first tries to run deliver with
$recipient=joe+spam, and deliver happily creates a new mailbox 'joe
+spam'. Any idea how to solve this?

The postfix documentation says it first tries to deliver to 'joe+spam',
and then to 'joe'. I'm not sure why deliver just accepts the user+ext
name, and creates a new folder.

Koen