[Dovecot] deliver to subfolder with dovecot's LDA

Koen Vermeer koen at vermeer.tv
Sun Mar 18 23:30:30 EET 2007

Op zo, 18-03-2007 te 23:13 +0200, schreef Timo Sirainen:
> On Sun, 2007-03-18 at 21:58 +0100, Koen Vermeer wrote:
> >
> > A new folder with the name "joe+spam" into the virtual domains folder.
> > guess that's what you call a new user. The mail doesn't arrive in
> > joe's
> > mailbox, or anywhere in his maildir.
> What's your userdb configuration? It looks like it doesn't check the
> user's existence at all. If you're using for example static userdb then
> this happens..

Yes, right on! Your remote debug-skills are amazing... Normally, postfix
already does the user check, so if I send a mail to an non-existent
user, postfix rejects it. Therefore, I never noticed this before.

Now, this behaviour of deliver isn't what I would expect. Any chance on
a fix for this, or a notice in the config-file or the wiki about why
this is happening?

Thanks!

Koen