[Dovecot] Best way to migrate from Qpopper to Dovecot

Torsten torsten at cybaerspace.net
Tue Mar 20 10:44:03 EET 2007

Hi David,

thanks for your suggestions.
You`re right, if I use rsync the smtp service on the old maschine could be active when copying the mboxes.
Without rsync a loss of emails is possible.

Another thing crossed my mind, on the new maschine we have a new directory structure like "/var/mail/domain/first_letter_of_username/username/maildir/". The directory structure on the old system is flat like "var/mail/username".
So I have to script a lot.
Hmm let`s see, maybe I use my second alternative (no migration of data).

Thanks
Torsten