[Dovecot] Adding ", S=size" to new message files when using "dirsize"

Rich, Whidbey Telecom richs at whidbey.net
Tue Mar 20 20:52:49 EET 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On 20.3.2007, at 1.37, Rich, Whidbey Telecom wrote:
>
>> However, Dovecot only seems to do that when the "maildir" quota
>> plugin is specified (from "quota-maildir.c"):
>
> Yep.
>
>> Shouldn't "save_size_in_filename" be included in "quota-
>> dirsize.c", since "dirsize" is the one that actually needs "S="?
>
> Dirsize was never meant to be used with maildir. Why do you want to
> use it instead of maildir++ quota?

We'd like to use maildir++ in the future, but haven't tested it yet
with our MTA (which uses "dirsize"-like summing).  We realize
"dirsize is a really bad idea with maildirs" so don't prefer it, but
it's been working OK in the meantime.  If it could just enable
tagging appended files too, it might at least be an option for maildir?

Rich