[Dovecot] Thanks!

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Mar 21 16:17:35 EET 2007

On Wednesday, March 21 at 03:48 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 14:39 +0100, Marcin Gryszkalis wrote:
>>> be LIST'd/SELECT'd/etc. with a trailing separator (to satisfy my
>>> pine users). If anyone's interested, I can generate a patch for
>>> that stuff.
>
> Isn't SELECT the only command where that's needed?

No, unfortunately; after working with one of my pine users, we found
that several commands had to be modified because pine uses the same
tab-completion in several different ways (e.g. such as when picking a
folder to save a message into---where it will use either LIST or
LSUB). The solution (read: hack) was essentially identical to the
SELECT solution, so it was easy to do.

> Note that the behavior that the patch adds worked that way ONLY in
> BINC imapd. Both Courier and Cyrus give the same "NO Mailbox doesn't
> exist" error that Dovecot does. I'm not really interested in adding
> kludges to make a few Pine user's life a bit easier. I'd rather see
> someone at least try to get that fixed (or "changed"..) in Pine.

Huh... I wonder why pine does what it does, then.

<sigh> Yet Another Reason to use mutt.

~Kyle
--
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence
without civilization in between.