[Dovecot] Getting more spam

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Wed Mar 21 23:52:55 EET 2007

On Wednesday 21 March 2007 2:01 pm, postmaster at webisp.co.uk wrote:

> What is a a spam sink, can you redirect it via MX records?

It's just a mail account that gets nothing but spam (I hope).  It seems to be
well-seeded on the spam CDs so I'm sure to get the same kind of spam that a
real person would get, just that this account gets nothing else.  I don't
know if it gets a truly accurate sampling of spam though: by now the address
may have been removed from the more expensive spam CDs, despite my efforts to
keep it secret.  Or maybe somebody's trying to poison it with custom-crafted
spam, in an attempt to throw off training data.  I kind of doubt it but who
knows.

I can't turn the firehose on to you with MX records, sorry.  For a while I had
a mail list set up that people could subscribe to, in order to get a mirror,
but that turned out to be a bad idea.  If you (or anyone else reading this)
would like to get at my spam I'll need to have some assurances that you're
not a spammer looking to somehow taint my precious river of pure spam.

What a crazy world.

You're probably best off following Jay's suggestions.  It won't take long for
spam to start coming in.  Another suggestion is to surf a lot of porn and
sign up for as much "free porn" as you can.  Not only do you get loads of
spam, you also get to surf for porn and call it classwork!

Neale