[Dovecot] Possible bug with removing e-mail when user over fs quota

Qweb - Yavuz Aydin yavuz at qweb.nl
Fri Mar 23 13:25:42 EET 2007

Dear list,

I don't know if this is by design or possibly a bug, but there is a
difference when removing e-mail when a user is over filesystem quota
when indexing is on or off.

All is working fine on our servers when indexing is on, users can
remove then purge e-mail when over quota, but when we turn off
indexing (by setting INDEX=MEMORY) it doesn't work. Users can remove,
but not purge. And after a reload of the page the e-mail is there again.

We are using Dovecot 1.0.rc15 on Debian Sarge (through backports.org)
with mboxes. We have set up the configuration of dovecot regarding
quota's according to http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/FS

Unfortunately I don't have time to try this on the latest version, but
is there anyone out there willing to try?

--
Best regards,

Yavuz Aydin
Qweb Internet Services