[Dovecot] Unwanted INBOX. prefix issues

Kevin Bowling dovecot at kev009.com
Mon Mar 26 09:29:55 EEST 2007

I have a strange problem.  I installed Dovecot and had my trash folder and
such in the root of my maildir, and everything was working great.  I then
installed SquirrelMail which created folders in with the INBOX. prefix.  I
manually removed these from the maildir, but the INBOX.Trash is still shown
in the folder listing of Thunderbird.  This leads to some strange behavior,
such as the delete button not working.  Is there a way I can reset the
folder list, and take the INBOX.* items out?  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin