[Dovecot] Unwanted INBOX. prefix issues

Kevin Bowling dovecot at kev009.com
Mon Mar 26 09:59:34 EEST 2007

On 3/25/07, Christian Skarby <christian.skarby at interhost.no> wrote:
> Den 26-03-2007 08:29, Kevin Bowling skrev:
> > I have a strange problem.  I installed Dovecot and had my trash folder and
> > such in the root of my maildir, and everything was working great.  I then
> > installed SquirrelMail which created folders in with the INBOX. prefix.  I
> > manually removed these from the maildir, but the INBOX.Trash is still shown
> > in the folder listing of Thunderbird.  This leads to some strange behavior,
> > such as the delete button not working.  Is there a way I can reset the
> > folder list, and take the INBOX.* items out?  Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Check the subscriptions file in your maildir - remove any references to
> folders which are not present, or that you do not want to appear as
> default on your imap clients.

I was able to remove the offending folder from the subscriptions
folder, however a new problem appeared.  Thunderbird now no longer
lists an Inbox folder.  All the mail is there, and Tunderbird even
shows it when it is first started.  However, there is no way to switch
back to the Inbox folder.  Any pointers on telling the root folder to
display as Inbox?