[Dovecot] Rpm builders: Dovecot spec file

Egbert Jan egbert at vandenbussche.nl
Mon Mar 26 12:03:01 EEST 2007

Maybe best asked to Axel...

I'm re-building my server from scratch (the old one was MDK 10.1 -> Mandriva
2006.0 with Postfix/Courier) and I want to install the latest versions
postfix/mysql/postfixadmin/dovecot/squirrelmail.

I've been building Dovecot (and postfix) from tarballs/srpm in the past so I
know more or less how it all fits together. But I wonder if 'old' patches
still need to be included/applied in the building of the latest rc's. I
still see references to those patches in the spec file.

Unfortunately the latest 'official' rpm for Mandriva (I'm running 2007.0) is
rc7 and I never succeeded getting in contact with the Mandriva maintainer to
ask the same question. In the Axel's AT rpm I still see some patches
included but others than in the Mandriva rc7 spec file. Are those patches
not already applied to the latest sources by Timo?

Tnx
Egbert Jan
NL